Chevron VARTECH™ System Varnish Cleaner
Chevron Lubricants VARTECH™ Solution Clean and Control Varnish in Industrial Turbine Systems
Varnish is a dark force threatening industrial operations around the world. It is destroying equipment reliability, shattering maintenance budgets, and threatening to bring down turbine systems and operations. Many operators think these problems are beyond their control. We have developed an approach to help them fight back. Chevron Lubricants’ developed a holistic solution to clean existing build up from the system and to control formation of new varnish. Learn about: The VARTECH™ Solution–our holistic clean-and-control solution is a formidable weapon to help turbine systems .
Chevron Vartech™ stabilizes build up and sludge surface deposits in the oil to enable their efficient removal through a scheduled oil change, restoring system operational efficiency.
Stabilizes varnish and sludge surface deposits in the oil to enable their efficient removal through a scheduled oil change, restoring system operational efficiency
Being solvent free, reducing volatility and seal compatibility concerns.
Minimal filter plugging
Chevron VARTECH™ ISC is added directly to the in-service lubricating oil. If the current oil is severely deteriorated, it is recommended the degraded oil be drained, and the cleaner added to a new fill of recommended oil.
• Determine the amount of cleaner required and the proper duration.
• Install a fresh set of filters to maximize varnish and deposit collection.
• Check that additional filters are available for the system. Filter changes may be required due to release of varnish and deposits.
• Ensure system does not exceed maximum fill levels when adding the system cleaner; if needed, drain adequate volume of oil to maintain proper operating volume.
• Add Chevron VARTECH ISC to the system, up to the determined concentration (by Vol %).
• Operate the equipment as normal for the chosen duration and monitor filters for increased differential pressure; replace as required.
• Drain the oil/cleaner mixture from the system while the oil is still warm (safe handling temperatures) and recently circulated.
• Manually clean any accessible settled deposits and oil from reservoir after drain.
• Replace filters.
• Refill the system with Chevron lubricant per OE specifications.